These days the Realtek HD Audio Manager is the most commonly used audio driver and it enables Dolby, DTS for the user’s Audio Card. This driver helps you to get high-quality performance.
After the Windows update, you might note that the Realtek HD Audio Manager is not working properly. Sometimes, because of the change in an audio card driver, you face a similar issue. Then, you need to download and install it again.
You might not know how to download and install the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then you can go through the steps that are mentioned below.
Steps for Downloading and Installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager
Below discussed are the effective steps that you can implement on your own to download and install the Realtek HD audio manager Windows 10.
Before downloading the new drivers, make sure that you have uninstalled all the current drivers. Check whether you have uninstalled the duplicate audio drivers or not because later these might conflict with one another.
- Go to the Start menu and then click on the Device Manager.
- From the device Manager’s list, you need to enlarge the Sound, Video and the Game Controllers.
- Now, you need to search the Realtek High Definition Audio driver.
- After selecting the driver, go to the drop-down menu and right-click on the Uninstall Device option.
- Next, you need to check the uninstall option labeled as “Delete the driver software for this device” and then tap on the Uninstall button.
- Then, go to the drop-down menu and click on the “Show hidden devices” option.
- If you have any duplicate audio drivers, then search and select it.
- Finally, tap on the Uninstall option and then restart the operating system.
If you want to download the audio driver manually, then go to the official website of the Realtek. Now, from the download page, you need to download your preferred audio driver.
Wait for a few minutes until the downloading process is completed successfully. Then, complete the installation process and for that double-click on the setup files and then follow all the on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, you are now able to know how to download and install the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to open the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10?
To open this Device Manager in Windows 10, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- First, open the Task Manager and for that click on the Ctrl, Shift and the Esc key at the same time on the keyboard.
- Now, the Startup tab needs to be selected.
- Sometimes, you might find that the Realtek HD Audio Manager is disabled. Then, right-click on it in order to enable it.
2. How to open the Realtek Properties?
If you want to open the Realtek properties, then follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Initially, hold the Windows key and R at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, enter “C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\” and then hit the Enter button.
- Now, you need to search and select the file .exe to open the Realtek Audio Manager.
- If it works, then right-click on the .exe file and follow the “Create Shortcut” option.
3. How to change the Realtek settings?
If you want to change Realtek settings, then go through the steps cited below.
- Go to the Speakers tab and tap on the Default Device button to changes the speakers’ settings to default.
- From the top right corner of the screen, select the Device Advanced settings.
- Now, you need to check the “Mute the rear output device” option and then tap on the OK option.