Often it is seen that many people get stuck with the problem of Adobe flash not working on chrome. As a result, they fail to play videos, games, or animations on Chrome. If you are also one of them and irritated with such a problem then just relax. Here in this article, you will get to know several methods to solve the problem.
Methods to Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Not Working on Chrome
Given below are the methods to fix the issue of Adobe Flash Player not working on Chrome.
Method1: Check Whether Adobe Flash Player is Enabled or Not
One of the ways to fix the error is to check whether the Flash is enabled or not. Follow the steps given below.
- At first open your chrome browser, paste ‘chrome://settings/content/flash’ in the URL bar and hit the Enter button.
- Now, make sure that the option showing ‘Allow Sites To Run Flash’ is enabled.
- Next, disable the option ‘Ask First’ and then try to reload the website where flash is not working.
- If the flash is working properly then your problem is solved. Just go back to the Flash settings and then enable the option ‘Ask First.’
- Finally, allow the website in order to access Flash Player.
If you are still getting the error, then continue with the next method.
Method 2: Make Sure that the Website is not Added to Block List
Follow the steps below to ensure that the website has not been blocked from accessing the Flash Player.
- Open flash settings by pasting ‘chrome://settings/content/flash’ in your chrome browser.
- Now check whether the website where you are trying to run flash is added in the block list or not. If it is added, then just remove it from the list.
- Reload the web page and let it access the flash player.
If the problem persists then proceed with the next method.
Method 3: Check the Information on the Site
- Open the website where flash isn’t working in Chrome.
- Navigate to the website information tab and click the ‘Flash Option’ and select the ‘Always Allow on This Site’ checkbox.
- Reload the web page, and check whether the flash is working or not.
Method 4: Update your Flash Page On Chrome
Go through the instructions below and update the flash page.
- Open the Chrome browser and paste ‘://components’ in the URL bar.
- All the available components will appear.
- Find the Adobe Flash Player component and check the status.
- If it says ‘UP-To-Date,’ then your flash player is updated.
- If you find it is not updated, then click on the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- Download and install the available updates.
- Reload the website where the Flash Player was not working before.
If you face the problem of Adobe Flash not working on Chrome then just follow the methods as discussed above. You can also share with us other possible methods to deal with the problem.