Everyone has doubts when altering their Internet Protocol address for the first time. But, it is vital to understand that doing so is perfectly lawful and extremely simple because it aids in enhancing the general security and privacy of your gadgets. However, there are several more perks of altering your IP address besides data safety.
Modifying the router IP address is essential, especially if you have just installed a fresh one. It is so because generally, home routers provide devices with false IP addresses. So, it is crucial to reconfigure the network through a rapid adjustment. The best thing is, that one can perform this operation even manually to deal with several technical flaws.
If you’re a gamer, you must change your router IP via an intermediary server to reduce the lag and enhance your performance. It comes in handy while accessing a particular country’s log of streaming media benefits. So, let’s master how to modify it in various manners.
Table of Contents
Quick & Easy Procedure For Modifying Your Router IP Address:
Method 1: General Users
1. Log in to the Account
The foremost action is logging into the account by typing the original Internet Protocol address in the browser. One can find these digits below the router or inside the guide. You can enter the settings window by entering the login credentials.
2. Go to the Setup Tab
One can locate the primitive tab easily under General Settings. However, its location may vary according to the router you own.
3. Alter the Ending Digits
It is a highly critical phase in modifying an Internet Protocol address as here you must alter its ending digits. Here you may modify either of the ending digits of the LAN Internet Protocol address area. Remember to apply a combination that makes it hard for anyone to reckon it.
We suggest writing this number on a sheet as you may require it to enter into the settings window when the modifications take place.
4. Tap the Apply Switch
Once you are done with adjusting the Internet Protocol address, click on the Apply switch and stick around for some time for the router to reset. Ensure the adjustments have taken place by going to the settings window using the new address.
Method 2: Windows Users
Another simple way of altering the Internet Protocol address of a Windows PC is by adhering to the following method:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Tap on Change Adapter Settings.
- Pick a link to modify your Internet Protocol address.
- Proceed to Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Decide whether to modify it yourself or get one automatically.
Method 3: Mac Users
- Navigate to System Preferences.
- Go to the Network tab.
- Pick a Wi-Fi network.
- Click on Advanced, and then TCP/IP.
- Tap on the Configure IPv6 (4) option, and choose Manually.
- Write the information for the latest Internet Protocol address.
If you’re adjusting the Internet Protocol address via a smartphone, you must follow another procedure:
- Proceed to Settings.
- Click on the Wi-Fi button.
- Choose (i) symbol located adjacent to Networks.
- Tap the Configure IP option, and select Manual.
- Write the facts relating to the Internet Protocol address and DNS.
Method 4: Android Users
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Network & Internet, and then Wi-Fi.
- Choose a network to alter the Internet Protocol address.
- Select the Forget button.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Go to Advanced Options -> DHCP -> Static.
- Enter the details in the Internet Protocol address areas.
- Write your Wi-Fi password in the area provided.
- Complete the procedure by tapping the Connect button.
It doesn’t matter if your login credentials are savvy or not as they are simple to crack. Since companies usually give a primary Internet Protocol address, it becomes simple to check your data. So, you must include another sheet of protection by altering the Internet Protocol address. You may also maintain a strong password strength to make it challenging for anyone to guess it easily.
It will help keep undesirable visitors from gaining access to your personal and financial data. When your personal and financial information is safe, you have peace of mind and can perform any task without any worries. So, if you are considering whether to alter a router IP address, we suggest you go ahead.
If you are still wondering whether it is okay to modify a router IP address, let us clarify that it is legitimate. Some individuals adjust the router IP addresses regularly when encountering invasions from hackers on their digital security. But if you’re modifying it to impersonate someone, you may face legal issues.
There are various motivations to alter an Internet Protocol address. We hope we successfully cleared your doubts regarding adjusting it quickly and easily.