Discord screen share is a feature with the help of which you can communicate (texting or sending voice messages) with others while playing a game. Sometimes, it is very annoying to get issues while screen-sharing in Discord application. Because once the Discord screen error occurs, you won’t be able to communicate and share the screens.
If you are also getting this error, then do not worry. You have come to the right place to find the solutions for the Discord Screen Share error. Here you will get complete information on how to solve this problem.
Reasons Behind Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
There are several reasons that may lead to the Discord screen share audio not working issues. Some of the most prominent reasons are listed below.
- If there are some problems with the audio features and its mechanism, then it may cause this error.
- There are some applications that are not supported by Discord and hence the incompatibility may cause the screen share problem.
- Sometimes, the Discord screen share problem may persist due to a corrupted audio driver.
- The discord requires the Administrative permissions to access the device otherwise, it may lead to the error.
Convenient Methods to Fix the Discord Screen Share Audio Problems
Here, you will get complete solutions to troubleshoot the Discord screen share audio not working error. You can follow these useful methods to fix the screen share problem.
Method 1: Restarting the PC
If you are getting the Discord screen share problem, then you can restart your Windows device to fix that issue. It doesn’t matter whether it is Windows 7/8/10, you can simply reboot your computer.
After restarting your device, you need to open the Discord and then check if the error still persists. If Yes, then you can go with the other solutions.
Method 2: Updating the Discord
You can update the Discord to fix this screen sharing problem in Discord as you might be getting this issue due to the outdated Discord application. So, the error may persist due to the old version of Discord and hence requires an update. Follow the steps below to update the Discord application.
- At first, open the Run box by pressing the Win + R key together from the keyboard.
- Then type the command %localappdata% in the Run box and select Ok to continue.
- Now, select the Discord option from the list by double-clicking on it. Then get the Update.exe and double click on it.
- Therefore, wait for some time until the update is completed. Again, re-open the Discord to check the error.
Method 3: Clear the Discord Roaming Data
Temporary Discord files and other roaming data may cause Discord screen share problems.
So, in that case, you need to clear the Discord roaming data to resolve the screen share problem.
- In the beginning, get the Task Manager open by pressing the Shift + Ctrl + Esc key together. Then right-click on Discord by going to the Processes tab.
- Now, exit the Discord by choosing the End Task option and close Task Manager.
- Then open the Run box by pressing the Win + R key together. Then type the command %appdata% there. Therefore, select the Ok button and open the Roaming folder.
- After that, select the Discord folder by right-clicking on it. Further, choose the Delete option.
- Then reopen the Discord application and check if the issue is still not resolved.
Method 4: Update the Audio Driver
An outdated audio driver may often cause this audio issue and requires updating it. Take a glance at the steps to update the audio driver.
- Open the Run box by pressing the Win + R key together. Then type the command devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter button.
- Then go to the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list and look for your audio driver. Hence, choose Update Driver after right-clicking on your audio driver.
- After that, choose the option “Search automatically for updated driver software.” Furthermore, go with the on-screen instructions to complete it.
Method 5: Reset the Voice Settings
Sometimes, you might get this screen share issue in your Discord application due to improper voice settings. So, you can reset the voice settings in order to fix this screen share error.
- Open Discord and navigate to the Settings menu. From there, select the “Voice & Video” option.
- Then select the Reset Voice Settings from the right side.
- Select the Okay option for confirming the process and try to share your screen. Hence, you can check if the Discord screen share issue persists or not.
Method 6: Reinstall the Discord Application
You can also reinstall the Discord application to fix this problematic issue, simply by following these easy steps.
- At first, navigate to the Control panel and select the Programs option. Then choose the “Uninstall a Program” option and go to the “Programs and Features” section.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option by right-clicking on Discord. Hence, you can install the Discord again by going to its official website.
- Then open the installed file and go with the instructions provided on the screen. Now, check if the Discord screen share audio not working issues remain.
Method 7: Adding your Activity
If you’re getting this issue, then in order to solve it, you can add the program that you want to share with Discord. So, you can go with these steps to perform the task.
- First of all, open Discord and go to the Settings menu. Then go to the left side pane and select Games.
- Now, select the ‘Add it’ option by going to the Game Activity. Then select your preferred program that you want to share from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select Add Game and enable the toggle in front of Overlay. Hence, you can check if the issue is fixed or not.
Hopefully, now you can troubleshoot the Discord screen share audio not working issue. You can choose any of the above methods to fix the error and then you can enjoy the gaming features of your Windows device seamlessly. You can definitely fix the error by following the above-stated procedures and it won’t matter whether you are using Windows 7/8/10 version.