Canon printers error code 5100 denotes an ink carriage error on a printer. It can happen that something is currently destroying the cartridge carriage as a result of which user is getting this error.
This error generally occurs due to carriage fault, internal contamination, and faulty carriage drive path.
It can usually be fixed by using some simple hacks and tricks. So, if you are facing the same error with your printer, do not worry.
In this post, we will walk you through several easy methods to resolve this error quickly.
How to Fix Canon Printers Error Code 5100
Mentioned below are some effective hacks which you can use to resolve this error. Simply follow the fixes as listed and resolve it quickly. It is recommended, not to skip any fix.
Method 1: Inspect Your Printer
In case, any tiny object gets stuck inside the printer, then you can encounter this error. To resolve the situation, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, turn off the printer and check if the power cord is unplugged or not.
- Now, open the printer and inspect what is inside. You need to check whether any stray pieces of paper is left inside the printer or not.
- In case, you find any object, remove it and check if it resolves the issue or not.
Method 2: Using Purge Mechanism
You can also resolve this error by using the purge mechanism. Because it can happen that you are getting this error due to the purge cap not lubricated well enough.
If such is the case, you need to lubricate the sliders with some grease and remove the right panel.
This method can fix this issue and has done the same for many users. However, if it doesn’t work, move to the next fix.
Method 3: Reseat the Ink Cartridges
Reseating the ink cartridges can also resolve this error. Follow the steps listed below.
- At first, turn off the printer and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Next, press the “On/Off” button and at the same time and plug back the cable.
- Now, hit the “Stop/Reset” button two times while holding down the “On/Off” button. Next, let go the “On/Off” button. It will put your printer to the factory mode.
- After that, you need to hit the right arrow button until you notice “Shipping Mode 3” on the LCD display.
- Now, tap on the “OK” button in order to choose it. After that, tap the “Stop/Reset” button when you see a message which says “Without Cleaning.”
- It will tell you that your printer will print out a test page. Now, lift up the printer cover and wait until the cartridge move to the left side. After that, unplug the printer from the outlet.
- Next, lift out both of the ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Next, plug back the power cable and hit the “On/Off” button.
- Now, place the ink cartridge back, when you notice the “Replace Cartridges” message.
- Wait some time until your printer recognizes the cartridges before you are trying to print.
- Next, try to check, if it resolves this error or not.
Method 4: Reset the Ink Absorber
You can also try to reset the waste ink absorber on a canon printer in order to resolve this error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, make sure that the printer is turned off. After that, press and hold the “Resume” button.
- While you are holding it down, press the “Power” button.
- Now, you will see the green led is ON.
- Now, keep holding down the Power button and release the “Resume” button and after that, press it twice. The light will go amber and then green again.
- Next, release the Power button and press the Resume button four times.
- Now, press the Power button to confirm the Reset Counter Absorber procedure.
- After that, turn off the printer and turn it on again.
So, these are the steps to reset the absorber. In most cases, it will help you to resolve this error. However, if you notice this error persists, try the next fix.
Method 5: Remove and Reseat All Ink Tanks
Reseating all ink tanks can also resolve this error. To perform this method, follow the steps as listed.
- Firstly, with the help of a flashlight, check the paper feed areas of your printer. Also, check that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer which can cause this error.
- Now, you need to look inside the printer where the inks are located and make sure that there are no obstructions there.
- After that, remove and reset all the ink tanks inside the printer.
These are the methods to eliminate Canon printers error code 5100 from your device. In case, you have any further queries related to the methods listed in this article, you can leave that query in the comment section. If you are aware of any other methods which can resolve this issue, you can also leave it in the comment section which can help others.
You can always contact an printer repair expert who can guide you in a better way and you can avoid performing such kind of bug fixing procedure on your own.